Wednesday, May 13, 2020

The King: Eternal Monarch: Episode 8


I don't get all the hate there is for this drama. It may be a tad slow, its dialogue doesn't seem to be its best foot either, but I don't think it's that bad. There's probably something off (or missing) either in the directing or the script, but that aside, the cinematography is absolutely stunning, and the drama's actually quite interesting.


First, I never expected that Sin-jae was from the Kingdom too. So that was why he kept on asking Gon about the emblem. Second, Luna. I'm curious about her backstorywho she is, what she wants, why she does the things that she does. She seems to be after an end goal of some sort and I hope the show would be able to work on that well. Honestly, I hope the show would be able to work on the premise it has built-up way better than what we have now. Some of the confusion had already been cleared by Episode 8, but somehow some other points still feel like a miss. I'm still not feeling Lee Min Ho's character, for one. Sure Lee Gon's got brain but there's still something about him that feels quite two-dimensional. The same goes for the Prime Minister. I thought she was gutsy, but with lines like "what does she have that I don't" she's becoming more of the typical second lead that's usually hated by many. And nope, still not on board with the romance either. Still feels forced and off the rail for me. 🤷


But I must mention Woo Do Hwan though. Again sir, you are a masterpiece in this show! I can't remember how many times I've replayed the scene where Yeong coolly popped out of nowhere to protect Gon, and then acted like a nutjob that's been possessed by Eun-sup when he was on the verge of getting busted by the detectives. The way he had shut his king from talking? Ha. Plus, I love the bromance. Woo Do Hwan's bromance with himself. 😎

Here's to hoping the next episodes would get better, better, better. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment