Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo: Episode 20 (Finale Rants)


Really, Scarlet Heart? As in really? You made us bawl so much for this episode (and the previous ones) yet at the end, Wang So (or at least a hand, I'd take any representation at this point) never really got to transition himself into present day? You mean to say we are to suck up at Wang So's words of finding Hae Soo and that's it? Not even anything after Ha Jin finally began to remember the past?


Dang, that hit... hard. 😢


I get that the burden of carrying all those memories into the present day must have been Soo's karma for wavering so much, let alone leaving the palace and leaving So alone. I expected that Scarlet Heart would never get to have a happy ending, but still, this felt sort of rushed. Was it really too much work to add anything more beyond this? So really looked so lonely in that portrait... 


Judging from the way Scarlet Heart has ended, I think the producers were gunning for a second season but didn't get anywhere near making it happen. This could have been a very beautiful prologue and the ending could have been a perfect set-up to start something new, but dang those ratings. If not a second season, I would have been content with just an extension... or even extra minutes for the final episode... I would have taken anything, provided that there would at least be a conclusion for both Soo and So. I just needed a closure for their tragic story! They clearly loved each other. 💔

Baek Ah: "But it is hard for me to accept."

It sure is, Baek Ah. W ending feels all over again... (it wasn't satisfying too, but at least W did it better with Chul and Yeon Joo reuniting and all) 😭😭😭 And this is why I have a love-hate relationship with K-Dramas~ 💔💔💔 


PS. If I could rewrite the ending, before airing those flashback scenes I would have made Soo weep more in front of Wang So's portrait, followed by someone giving her a handkerchief. It doesn't have to be So, or a present day So, for that matter... just a hand is enough. And then I'd play the flashbacks right then and there, and the rest is up for us to imagine.

Ugh. Too much babble. I'll hit the sack now I need to mourn.

0 comments:

Post a Comment