Wednesday, April 22, 2020

365: Repeat the Year: Episode 19-20

Heol. Heol.


I'm so shocked. I had my fair share of suspicions, especially since Lee Shin practically shoved that clue right under our nose when she previously told Hyeong Ju that he made a big mistake, but heol. That twist was... twisted. I'm shocked, and at the same time, very very sad for Hyeong Ju.


Now given the big reveal, I hope writer-nim gives a proper explanation as to why Sun Ho does the killings. In this timeline (seventh), I think he had been picking the victims according to the resetters as shown in Hyeong Ju's notes, which he probably found amusing. However in the previous timelines (first to fifth), he probably had been killing them at random as he didn't know this connection yet. Moreover, Lee Shin only mentioned that all of the resetters had actually been dead. So why? Why does Sun Ho do that? There's got to be something hidden there somewhere.


I also wonder what Hyeong Ju is planning and how would he go about arresting Sun Ho. I honestly didn't expect he would turn himself in. As soon as he had confirmed that Sun Ho was indeed the killer, I thought he'd be running after Ga Hyeon. I was screaming in frustration for his decision and Ga Hyeon's safety, but as I look back, it was probably a smart move because in the event that Sun Ho does harm Ga Hyeon, he wouldn't get suspected since he practically had himself locked in the police station. Or, Sun Ho wouldn't even get anywhere near harming Ga Hyeon should he receive a call regarding Hyeong Ju's surrender. That would be smart, but at the same time confusing, because how would Hyeong Ju be able to clear his name and save everyone else if he is locked, given that he had not only been dragged for Ko Jae Young's murder, but back to Bang Jung Tae's murder, too?


But I have to admitthis show is really really smart. I love how it keeps me intellectually engaged. I love the plot twists, and I love how fast-paced and content-filled it is. I think I'm also loving this a whole lot better than Memorist, although that show is quite good in its own way, too.


And though it'd be the last, I can't wait to see you again next week, Detective Ji Hyeong Ju. I hope you won't die on me, I've already had enough of Lee Joon Hyuk's characters dying already.

0 comments:

Post a Comment