Sunday, April 5, 2020

Hyena: Episode 13-14

This week was lit explosive!


I can't believe the show's already down to its last two episodes next week when it felt that I have only picked it up yesterday. I never imagined Hyena would be such an engaging watch, as even though the first episode was a legit bomb that deviated from the norm, I sort of hated Geum Ja's antics, her court ping-pong fight with her man in the next few episodes, and a desperate Hee Jae almost always at the losing end.

But ha. That Hee Jae, the clueless hound who blindly followed and trusted Song Pil-jung has long been gone now; and I love how this week's episodes were able to showcase just that. Episode 13 was an eye-opener for Hee Jae, and with the accident of his father on the background, it wasn't long before he finally saw through Attorney Song's true colors.


For the most part, these were all taxing and sad on Hee Jae's end, but I love that from the initial conspiracy against Judge Yoon down to the accident and our leads getting fired from Song & Kim, Geum Ja was always lowkey there for his man. It wasn't an outright confession, but being there for Hee Jae as an emotional support spoke volumes it'd be safe to say that it really wasn't just him loving all along after all. Teehee.

Geum Ja: "Shall I tell you what your next move should be? Stand tall and clear your office. Be confident."

I also love how Episode 14 was legit full of Hee Jae's milestones. I love how he rallied for his father to stand in court and pay for what he did so that he could lawfully represent him as his lawyer, but I loved his declaration of war against Song Pil-jung even more. The way he stood up his grrrrrround and outright told Attorney Song that he'll see him in court exuded bravado and sexiness that even Geum Ja was impressed.

Speaking of Geum Ja, this girl slays! She was a consistent bitch since Episode 1, and no, it wasn't a bad thing. Or maybe it was (for me, in the first few eps) but in the long run, her being bitchy became the real highlight of the show. Geum Ja was a stellar bitch, and I love how she nonchalantly eyed Song Pil-jung and analyzed his intentions while sipping tea in the baddie's own office during Episode 13 like it was nothing.


And oh, that bullshit from Attorney Kim, too. I'm sure Kevin was shocked. Like, Oops-I-think-I-made-the-wrong-decision kind of shocked. Heh. Women in this drama sure slay well.


And that last scenes? I was with Ha Chan-ho lighting up his face and all after hearing Geum Ja and Hee Jae ask to represent him for an appeal. What a way to end the episode! There's already a lot going on, it's sooo gonna be messy but at the same time I'm sure it's gonna be superrrrr exciting.

Can't wait for next week!


0 comments:

Post a Comment