Friday, August 23, 2019

Class of Lies: Episode 11-12


This was such an intense week for Class of Lies. I did suspect that something was probably going to happen to Prosecutor Cha, but I never really imagined the show would go that way. I liked her more than So Hyun.


But it's a good thing that So Hyun's finally seeing the big picture now. I know that she has just always been concerned about her students' welfare, but it's satisfying to see how she's finally realized that there are indeed rotten ones in her apple basket, and that they're just too toxic to handle. This makes her more helpful in Mu Hyeok's investigations to get to the truth even though sometimes she's still unknowingly spilling a lot more information as compared to what she is actually getting. 😅


I also love how Gi Mu Hyeok was given the dilemma of giving his investigation up in the expense of his license. I almost forgot that we started the show with him being kind of grey too, as he wasn't really after the truth for the sake of the students but for himself. But yeah, I'm pretty sure he'd keep chasing for the truth somehow... because the Gi Mu Hyeok I've known since Episode 1 wasn't only that rational, he was also that awesome.


Yet above this all, what I love most about this week's episodes was probably Gi Hoon. He started off pretty bad, and I wasn't sure how he (or any of them VIPs) will get to redeem himself in the end or if he was even redeemable at all. Which is why I really appreciate the subtle sincerity he is showing to uncover the truth behind Su Ah's death. Had it not been for his parents, his friends or his environment, and had he met better people growing up, I think he might have been a good kid compared to what he is now. Really goes to show that our environment shapes us more than we could ever think. 


Hats off for giving us these kinds of realization all while entertaining us, Class of Lies. See you again next week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment