Tuesday, April 30, 2019

He is Psychometric: Episode 15


Thank goodness I picked this drama up as it airs, otherwise I'm not sure if I'd get to enjoy it the same way I do now... especially since I have this tendency to jump right at the ending when I'm curious and then drop the show all together if that didn't leave me satisfied. Why do I do that? Beats me.


It sure was shocking to find out that Kang Seong Mo was indeed the real arsonist of the Yeongseong Apartment Fire case. I had the slightest inclination in the first few episodes because he seemed kind of shady, but then the description for the arsonist who was supposed to be devoid of emotion didn't match Seong Mo quite much (at least as I saw it). Plus, he has really been an adorable hyung to Ahn so I thought it could just be a red herring but then... the twist happened. It was really clever of the show to rescind suspicions like that.


Seong Mo was one of the most hapless characters I've come across in a while. At the same time, he was also one of the most complex. I'm not entirely sure if he's just as complex or is a lot more complex than Kim Moo Young was in The Smile Has Left Your Eyes, but one clear thing is that he was the hardest to read: not only for Ahn, but for us viewers as well. Which was probably what made his arc all the more devastating.


With all of this build-up, I wonder what's going to happen next? I know the truth was just too much  to bear and that Seong Mo, of course, has to pay for his crimes. But I sure hope he won't go dying on me in the end. Dang, I've already had enough when Ji Soo died... So please, show. Please don't go breaking my heart like that again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment