Thursday, December 25, 2014

Itazura na Kiss 2 Love in Okinawa First Impressions

This!


How come I never got updated that the second season had already been out when I have been waiting for it for almost a year now? Was I that busy? Too pre-occupied? Hahaha whatever. At least I've already caught up (and that's saying something I guess, since I started both Joseon Gunman and Fated To Love You last June but haven't gone anywhere near finishing any of the two until now). 

Official drama poster. Image via My Drama List.

It's already been three episodes after the pilot ep Love in Okinawa has been aired, and the chemistry that both Yuki and Miki was able to exude in the first season doesn't seem to be sinking on me in this season just yet. I don't know if it's just me, or if I'm comparing this season so much with the Taiwanese version, but I seem not entirely sold to the fact that Kotoko and Naoki are, in actuality, already married. It's like there's something missing in the romantic aspect, whereas Naoki isn't acting as nice and sweet a husband as Zhi Shu was in They Kiss Again (except for episode 4).

And the pacing... The story seems to be moving kind of fast, what with Kotoko already presumed to be having a baby by just the third episode (and each episode runs for only 40-mins, compared to TKA which ran for an hour). And Kin-chan? Him falling for Chris in like what, a snap? was... lol. But seriously, whichever way I look at it, it all seemed rushed. There hadn't been that much of a connection built between Chris and Kin-chan yet to even make the latter bawl his eyes out at the airport screaming "OMG why did you leave me?!?!" after the former left. Hah. I guess that was kind of ridiculous.

It may seem like I'm complaining, but nah. I am so, so not. Besides it's still probably too early in the game to judge. With 12 episodes left before the series concludes, a lot could still happen. Developments could still happen. So, in the meantime, I'm just going to enjoy watching Miki in all her cuteness, Yuki in all his handsomeness, and the rest of the gang in all their crazy antics. Enjoy the show, as they say. Just enjoy the show.

Image via heenimkyu

That reminds me... Last year, I spent the remaining of the days going to new year watching Yuki, Miki, and the rest of the gang be all cute and fluffy in ItaKiss Season 1 while finishing our school's contest issue paper. This year, I seem to be doing the same exact thing: ranging from the school paper work to ItaKiss Season 2. Tell me... what sorcery is this? Hahahaha.

On a different note... Merry Christmas, everyone!


0 comments:

Post a Comment