Saturday, September 12, 2015

Scholar Who Walks The Night: Episode 20 (Finale Rants)

That's it? That's how you end the show? Sorry, but I don't think Jun Ki worked oh so diligently hard only to be given an ending as mediocre as this. Like seriously, why haven't you thought of blowing up the entire lair straight from the get-go? Why waste time searching for the ultimate secret plan when you aren't even gonna utilize it fully in the end? And what's up with the happy ending jitters in that last frame? I know I wanted a happy ending for scholar-nim for all those sacrifices he did, he deserved it. But... that? Ugh, sorry, but that was rather vague. I don't even know if Sung Yeol is alive or what! 👿


I may sound super pissed with all this rant, but I just wanted to get this out of my system because Scholar Who Walks The Night sure had a lot of potential, especially with Jun Ki in the lead. But all that potential flew out of the window with the easy breezy change of writers. And yes, that was rather disappointing.

The only thing I loved about this episode is Jun Ki's superb fighting skills. That final battle with Gwi in his underground palace was awesome (though I've seen more awesome stuff in previous eps) and I will absolutely never get tired of his spinning kicks and martial arts skills.


And oh, Lee Yoo Bi was soooo pretty after that time skip! Teehee.


Annyeong, scholar-nim. Review to follow soon.

Image via New Daily.

0 comments:

Post a Comment