Monday, July 22, 2013

Blessing in timing

I no longer expected being a winner. It's been months since I have submitted all of the entries I wrote, and a book I based one of my reviews from has already been picked winner for another contestant's entry. But indeed, God has his plans. Just a couple of weeks ago I have been picked as the winner for Philippine Star's My Favorite Book Contest. The book I have based my entry from is Fynn's "Mister God This Is Anna", and it can be read in this link.


Last time I won something in a writing stint was for an essay writing contest way back first year college, and having won last night made me feel giddy and excited like I was still a kid. It's actually a good thing though, and a timely blessing in disguise that gave me not only 5K worth of National Book Store GCs but also the reality of my dream to be published in a national paper—even if it was just for a day. To God be the glory.

My favorite book contest runs all year round, and it invites its readers to write about their favorite books and how these have touched their lives. The unpublished essay can be submitted online to myfavoritebookcontest2009@yahoo.com, typed double space and not more than five pages long (1,100 words). For more details about the contest, visit Philippine Star here.

God gives you what you need when you need it instead of what you want when you want it. Be patient and trust in His timing. No prayer is unanswered and no prayer is unheard.

0 comments:

Post a Comment