Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Love Contract: Episode 20 (Finale Rants)

SPOILERS AHEAD!

Seeing this video gives me goosebumps. The more I watch it, the more I want to believe that Ken, successfully, did commit suicide during the final episode of Love Contract... A scene which should have put an end to it all.



I mean, the succeeding scenes after Ken went into the waters were a bit off, weren't they? I was thinking he might have committed suicide to end all the pain he was feeling, and all those pains he had given Xiao Feng. But the scenes after that were more than happy with them getting married and their friends joining the celebration (dead one included) I thought they were kind of aiming for a happy ending.

So yeah... Why am I discussing this again?

I loved Love Contract, that story about a stubborn tomboy who leads the kendo club of their school and a swimming team captain as cruel as her, who fell in love with each other due to a prank called the love contract. I love Mike He—the ever so handsome Mike He, and I love Ariel Lin. I love their chemistry together (though Ariel with Joe Cheng still tops the bill for me). And though the drama may have been a tad slow at times, I wouldn't say I haven't enjoyed it because somehow, I did. Yet if I'm justifying err analyzing its ending like this, does this mean my love was all just in vain?

Image via Kknews.

Up until Episode 18, Love Contract was a pretty decent watch. However, that final episode forever ruined everything in my head. It was that horrible. It was stupid beyond comprehension it knocked sense out of the whole show. It left me with my mouth hanging agape, left me scratching my head while asking, what the hell had just happened?

But even though the ending was a bit bad, Love Contract was amazing in its own way because of Mike He and Ariel Lin. It's good to note how much Ken and Xiao Feng's character has grown since the series started. I love Ken's character so much. I love the way he cherishes Xiao Feng. I love the way he cares for her, and the way their love deepened as time passed is just... I don't know. I guess I just love how the series was able to demonstrate such range of emotions. It stole my heart in one way or another, no matter how bad the ending was. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment